RE: Errors compiling under Windows

At 02:04 11/09/1998 +0200, Andrea Peyracchia wrote:
>I have checked out the latest version from the CVS server as explained in
>the installation pages.
>I have correcly run the perl script with perl 5.00551. I start the
>compilation form the libwww\Library\srv\windows
>directory with the command nmake libwww.mak. Everything seems running well
>but the compilation stops warning:
>"don't know how to make .\..\sysdep.h" if I try to make the Debug version
>and "Error in line 6" if I try to make the Release
>version. The file "sysdep.h" is not in any downloaded directory. The def
>files are correcly created by the Perl script but
>the libwww.mak is not touched. Is that right ?

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your description - you have indeed followed the book
flawlessly. I think the problem is the libwww.mak file - I hate these msvc
make files - they are completely impossible to maintain and even more
impossible for others like you to use.

A major problem is that changes made to a "msvc project" are not reflected
back into the mak file but kept in other places. The sysdep.h file was 6
months ago renamed to wwwdep.h as it clashed with include files from other
software packages. Even the libwww.mak file that I am using still contains
references to sysdep.h.

Maybe you could try to compile it as a msvc project instead? I am not sure
quite what else to do.

Any other suggestions, folks?

Henrik
--