Re: LibWWW on NT4.0

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 15:32:11 -0400
To: Jeff Nelson <nelson@ida.com>, "'www-lib@w3.org'" <www-lib@w3.org>
At 12:36 8/31/98 -0500, Jeff Nelson wrote:

>    I am attempting to add url loading to our product using the libwww
library, and have gotten
>it to work pretty good on our Unix systems, and now we are trying to get
it to work on
>Windows.  I have gotten the library to build (as a statically linked
library) but nothing seems
>to work.  This is with version 5.1m (both with and without patches).

Do you mean that you have checked it out directly from cvs? I would
recommend that (we have some more patches and new features coming up soon
and Bob Racko has been working on some NT problems as well). Instructions
are at

	http://www.w3.org/Library/cvs.html

I haven't compiled as a static library for a long time on NT, but have you
defined these env variables:

	WWW_WIN_ASYNC
	_WINDOWS

You shouldn't have to actually modify the code - compiling as DLLs it runs
out of the box (at my box, that is).

>Thank you for bearing with me.  Any assistance would be greatly
appreciated.  Let me know if
>you need more info.

Again, I would very much like to get some better make files for windows. If
anyone have 1) ideas and 2) time to help working on it then I would be
delighted. As a hint, please read this page for how to help developing libwww:

	http://www.w3.org/Library/Collaborators.html

http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk