RE: PUT and FTP

From: <Linus.Walleij@ecs.ericsson.se>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 10:02:45 +0200
To: www-lib@w3.org
> ...now can someone tell me if it is possible to PUT a local file
> to a remote ftp server? (and delete a remote file on an ftp server as
> well?

Why not use a clean FTP client instead?

On unix it sits in the system so scripting would look something like:

#! /bin/csh

echo "Opening ftp site and downloading..."
ftp -in ftp.myhost.se << EOF
user anonymous me@nowhere.org
binary
cd pub/mydir
get myfile.tar.Z
bye
EOF
echo "Complete"

And in case of running windows, there is a free FTP COM object at
http://www.serverobjects.com/products.htm#AspInet (there might be
alternatives), which is instantiable in whatever programming language or
scripting tool you use, or you could just fire up a shell and use the
command-line FTP in Windows as well.

Just a suggestion...

Yours
Linus Walleij