POST problem fixed and other things

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 17:04:06 -0400
To: www-lib@w3.org
Cc: Linus.Walleij@ecs.ericsson.se
At 09:48 7/22/98 +0200, Linus.Walleij@ecs.ericsson.se wrote:
>As I've said earlier, POST does not work with the current version of
>commandline. If you go back to release 5.1j the problem is not there.
>Testing both versions at similar targets could perhaps run down the
>problem? I will have a second look at it immediately as well.

I think I have found the problem - it was a miscalculation of the number of
bytes that libwww had written to the network which caused that small
amounts of data not always were actually sent. The changes are described in

	http://www.w3.org/Library/User/ReleaseNotes.html

All changes are in CVS - please do an update and try it out!

	http://www.w3.org/Library/cvs.html

along with some other fixes and new features. I also have some cool
contributions from John Punin and Bob Racko coming up - thanks!

http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk