Re: Questions...

At 13:33 7/10/98 -0400, David_Dickey@infonautics.com wrote:
>     Q)  I am worried that the library will fail in a MT program.  What
>should I stay away from?  Is the Event loop MT safe or would I be better
>off making it preemtive?  I have seen some discussions on this topic but
>nothing substantial.

libwww can not be said to be thread safe for now. I would very much like to
get input from the everyone who have been working on this so that we can
role it into the code base! Please let me know!

In the mean time, you may be able to use the libwww event loop which gives
you non-blocking, interleaved IO - but it depends on how the rest of your
application is put together (this is what the libwww robot does, for
example).

>     R)  Does anybody have a simple program which downloads a page and
>retrieves all of the images.  (I have tried to figure it out from the
>LineMode browser but it is just too big to sift through.  The CommandLine
>program is very simple and I have manipulated it to perform different
>chores but still haven't been able to figure out how to store and capture
>the URLs of the images or the HyperLinks.)

The robot does this - run it as

    webbot -saveimg <URL>

>     R)  If anyone can give me pointers (bad pun) on how they would
>approach this aspect of my project your comments are very appreciated.  For
>your information I am writting this on a UNIX platform.

I think using the robot code would be the best starting point for what you
want to do.

Henrik

--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,