Re: libwww for Win32

At 13:54 7/15/98 -0700, Tom Thomas wrote:

>.\library\src\windows\libwww.mak does not work, though, with MS VC 4.0
>or 5.0 (lots and lots of path separator and quote problems '/' vs '\'
>and troublesome quotes around manifsest constants, I think).  Do you
>know where I might find a fixed makefile.  Any source you can direct me
>to for help is greatly appreciated.  I tried to repair by hand (grep,
>sed), but I think I only made things worse.  Belieeeve me, I wish I was
>on UNIX!

Hmmm, I use the libwww.mak file myself on MSVC 5.0 but I know that they are
difficult to "export". The libwww.mak file that I get when checking out
from CVS seems to work when I open it as a MSVC workspace.

Are you working from the CVS repository? I would suggest to do so as there
are some bug fixes (and more to come) already checked in but not in a
distribution file. You can see the list at

	http://www.w3.org/Library/User/ReleaseNotes.html

You can see how to get bootstrapped from CVS at

	http://www.w3.org/Library/cvs.html

Henrik
--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,