New libwww release implements HTTP/1.1, rev 02

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 13:48:50 -0500
To: www-lib@w3.org

I have just wrapped up release 5.1j of libwww which should contain all the
changes in HTTP/1.1, rev 02 [1].

There are three sample applications going along with the library:

   - The command line tool does PUT, POST, DELETE, TRACE, OPTIONS, etc. [2]
   - The webbot is a very fast robot using HTTP/1.1 pipelining [3]
   - The line mode browser is as we all know and love it [4]

The complete distribution package can be found at

and a list of new features is available at