Re: Authentication and libwww (and others...)

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 09:01:08 -0400
To: William Snow <Will.Snow@Eng.Sun.COM>, www-lib@w3.org
At 09:26 6/11/98 -0700, William Snow wrote:
>I'm trying to spider a website that uses authentication, but
>I want to hardcode in the user and password instead of asking
>the user when the actual request is made.
>I've tried using HTAA_newModule to add in my own before/after/
>delete modules (where only the before actually does anything
>and it basically just does a HTRequest_addCredentials
>with the right information (uuencoded and all)

You can either write your own auth filters or so as I did in the ComLine
tool -  mix the existing ones with a small addition for handling automatic
authentication. You can find the code in

look for the "-auth" command line option. My modified version of the
authentication handler is called "PromptUsernameAndPassword" which is also
defined in this file.