How to use the POST method ?

From: Maier Thomas <thomas.maier@infonova.at>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 19:31:22 +0200
To: "'www-lib@w3.org'" <www-lib@w3.org>
I'm trying to use the POST method in the example comline, but I think it does not work.

usage:	comline -post http://willisparc/cgi-bin/test-query -form "SUBMIT=Abschicken" -dest http://destination-pc
(tested even with several command line options described on http://www.w3c.org/ComLine/User/CommandLine.html)

The result is:
Looking up willisparc
Contacting willisparc
Writing...
Reading...
Writing...

Then the comline program remains in the event loop, but I cound not get the requested HTML code.
The flag -source displays
Looking up willisparc
Contacting willisparc
Writing...
Reading...
HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
Writing...
but comline does not return the requested Html code of the cgi program.

Debugging gives me the following assumption:
HTPostFormAnchor will send/upload the the parameters in formfields correctly but the server will not reply the Html code. I'm even testing it with a modified comline program where I was using the blocking (preemptive) way, but no success.
Am I doing something wrong in the usage of comline or libwww or is there a known problem (bug) ?

Thomas

EMail: thomas.maier@infonova.at