INPUT REQUESTED: Affect of Mozilla code available and libwww future

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 10:49:33 -0800
To: www-lib@w3.org

As this is the big day for the release of the mozilla code, I would like to
poke people's minds on this list to where you think this leaves libwww. The
main reason for me to continue working on libwww is that it has the fastest
protocol engine around and is very extensible. This was mission critical
for our performance work, which you can find at

	http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/Performance/

Libwww is still the only application that takes full advantage of HTTP/1.1.
Also, the support of PUT, POST, TRACE, OPTIONS, etc. I find very useful in
many ways.

Obviously, I am not able to keep the documentation up to date all by
myself. The problem is that I don't have the time it takes to maintain
libwww including not only the documentation but also the source.

I would like to hear some reasons why other people are using it, and how
they think that they can and will and have resources to contribute more to
the development of libwww and whether it is worth it.

http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk