Re: compiling Libwww with MSVC++

At 03:44 PM 1/23/97 -0800, you wrote:
>After banging our heads against our computer screens for several days
>in frustration, we are hoping that maybe someone out there could supply
>us with a compiled libwww.dll and libwww.lib file for Windows NT.  At
>this point we're running into some serious time pressures - any help is
>appreciated.

Nat ---

I could never get it to work no matter what I did. I do
not believe the fix about compiling with the multithreaded
switch on, because I could see what was happening in
a debugger. (I've stated it before in great detail elsewhere,
but essentially the same data structure is being used for
both the read and write information, resulting in serious
data corruption...MT switches or no MT switches, it's just
plain broken...)

Anyway, what I wound up doing was increasing the size of
the input cache buffer, using the www library for source
input, and then I write the cache buffer to disk by
hand using fwrite().

I hope this helps you from spending time chasing down the
wrong solution.

- Rob

---

Rob DeMillo		 email:     demillo@avs.com
Advanced Visual Systems  reality:   617-890-8192 x2113