HTDoConnect() failure

From: Gordon J Lee <GordonL@world.std.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 18:37:53 -0500
To: nathanas@tiac.net
Cc: www-lib@w3.org
I ran into this problem yesterday, I tracked it down to the fact that my program
did not call HTEventInit() in the library, so it never called WSAStartup().
I added WSAStartup() by hand to my application and then everything worked.
I haven't tracked down all the architectural subtleties yet of why this is so.
But it works...