Re: Question on Posting a huge file and its limits.

Hello Jose,

  I am sure I want to do a POST as PUT is not supported by the
Apache Server I am using. The Server machine has enough memory to
accept a 6-10 MB file.

I have tried the following but to no avail :

1) w3c -post -dest http://server/script.xyz <input file>
     where in2) w3c -post -form http://server/script.xyz < input.file

   Result : Cant access resource.

2) w3c -post -form http://server/script.xyz < input.file

   Result : Cant access resource

3) This is only version that works :
   w3c -post -form http://server/script.xyz var1=value1 var2=value2

    The problem with this method is that the argv list becomes very long
and w3c complains

   w3c: Arg List too long.

   Result : Cant access resource.

Please let me know what is the correct syntax to post a file and not
have restrictions on the size. If there is another utility I need to use
please advise me.

 Thanks for your response,

 Burjiz Pithawala
 cisco Systems,