java support in libwww?

From: Jennifer Woodward <jenniwoo@sirius.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 96 16:03:09 -0800
To: www-lib@w3.org
I haven't looked at libwww since 95; am intrigued about all the chatter about
5.x.  But more specifically I would like to know if there are special
features now to deal with Java on either the client or server side of any code
one writes based on libwww?  (Sorry; haven't visited Java docs much so can't
immediately answer my own question(s).)

FYI I'm having a discussion off-line with someone who has a OO browser and
server development "kit" and we've been wondering if (1) libwww would fit
"under" these classes and (2) how much trouble it would then be to have a
Java-enabled browser built on top of libwww.

Feel free to volunteer your otherwise expensive consulting remarks. :)

Jennifer Woodward, SF
would-be academic web developer
...possibly unclear on the concept :)