Re:

Daniel,

I agree that we should all encourage use of valid HTML.  However,
developers of HTML consuming application and tools, whether they work for
Microsoft or a hole-in-the-wall, do not have the luxury to spit back bad
HTML pages.  Only the developers of HTML producing applications and tools
have the ability to improve the situation.

I think that portable HTML generation framework which embodies the latest
HTML spec would go a long way toward improving the level of HTML standard
conformance.  If W3C is interested, I can help.

Don