Re: HTTP Server Problem

From: Kim Liu <KLIU@us.oracle.com>
Date: 22 Aug 96 15:38:28 -0700
To: www-lib@w3.org
I think I have at least identify one problem in the code. In HTMIMERq.c, at
the end of the function HTMIMERequest_put_block(), the code looks like this:

    /* Check if we have written it all */
    if (b) {
        HTParentAnchor * entity = HTRequest_entityAnchor(me->request);
        long cl = HTAnchor_length(entity);
        if (STREAM_TRACE)
        return (cl>=0 && HTNet_bytesWritten(net) >= cl) ?
            HT_LOADED : PUTBLOCK(b, l);
    }
    return HT_OK;

I think the "if (STREAM_TRACE)" is a cut&paste mistake. It shouldn't be there.
It makes the PUTBLOCK that actually pushes the data down the stream not being
executed. Before I took this out, the server is only sending the header but
not the entity body. Now the server is sending the entity body but somehow the
client is still waiting for something even though it has received the whole
entity body. The client just hangs on there and then timeouts.

-Kim