Problems running on Win95

From: Kim Man Liu <kliu@cs.berkeley.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 10:25:59 -0700
To: www-lib@w3.org
CC: kliu@us.oracle.com
I am having some sort of compilation problem on Win95 that makes libwww
fails in standard C library functions. I'm using 4.0D but I guess it's
the same on 4.1. Basically the program fails in places like
TTYPrint(fprintf() I guess) and fwrite() when these functions are called
properly. I suspect this has to do with the note on the Windows platform
in the file User/Platform/win31.html. It says the DLL version of the C
runtime library must be used instead of the static version of it.
Otherwise, if you fopen() a file in one DLL, you cannot
fread() it in another DLL because they have their own
private copy of the C runtime library. Apparanently, the Visual C++ 4.0
makefile of libwww does not specify the DLL version of the C runtime
library. I fixed this but the problem is still there. Does anyone know
how I can fix this?

-Kim