configure and config.h

From: Gunnar R|nning <gunnar@candleweb.no>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 17:40:53 +0200
To: www-lib@w3.org
I'm just in the process of compiling my application for several different
Unices on the same "computer system". This is however painful with the
current libwww setup, because the libwww include files that my application
use needs the config.h file generated by configure. This way I have to
rerun configure every time I want to compile my application for an
architecture. Do we really need config.h when compiling the application ?
Couldn't we have some check to ignore config.h when compiling the
application ?

It would be nice if the include files as used by the application where
architecture independent...

	Gunnar