Re: 2 small bugs in HTEvntrg.c

From: <j.o.staurnes@usit.uio.no>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 10:07:59 +0100
To: selberg@cs.washington.edu
Cc: www-lib@w3.org
On Mon, 18 Mar 1996 16:07:54 PST, Erik Selberg <selberg@cs.washington.edu> said:

> The first is that the select() timeout won't work under linux ---
> linux, being a more annoying flavor of UNIX, will zero-out the timeval
> passed to select. Yeah, I think it's dumb too. Anyway, the following
> #ifdef's in the patch fix it.

I disagree, Linux is one of the few OS' that select works as it
should. The timeval structure is modified according to the elapsed
time in the select call.

From man: "On  exit, select indicates file descriptors that have
	become available by modifying readfds, writefds, and
	exceptfds in place.  Time­out is also updated to reflect the
	amount of time remaining."

--

	Jarl Ove Staurnes