Re: ??

From: GunnarRønning <gunnarr@ifi.uio.no>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 19:03:00 +0100
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Cc: jiangt@ceci.mit.edu, www-lib@w3.org
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org> said:

> Jiang Tao writes:
>> If only the lib is written with c++!!
>>
>> Provided an opportunity, I will like to rewrite the lib with
>> c++ (I am seriouly) .

> I am very intersted in this - do you have some pointers for this?

What would a C++ interface mean for the C programmer ?

And how would it affect the portability of the library ?

I'm not a big fan of C++, but can certainly see the benefit of using OO
methodology in the library. I'm just concerned about keeping the library
language neutral, so that the use of it want require any special language.

	Gunnar