Re: Libwww Ver 4.0D - Dir Browsing problem

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 11:58:45 -0500
To: Vu Nguyen <vu@isdnsys.com>
Cc: "'www-lib@w3.org'" <www-lib@w3.org>
Vu Nguyen writes:
> in the process of making the miniserver into a working server, I've =
> noticed a problem with
> directory browsing problem:  the server sends the directory content OK =
> if the directory has few files.  The server stops sending the dir =
> content if the dir has _many_ files.  I have not yet=20
> determined the threshold (how many files is _many_ file) nor the cause =
> of this problem.
> The request for dir browsing ended with HT_LOADED (29999). =20
>
> Suspecting that it could be caused by some code which I added, I tried =
> taking out all my code  - except the ones that registers HTLoadFile - =
> The problem still persists
>
> The dir that the server is having problem rendering it is:  =
> WWW/Library/Implementation/
>
> 		Dump of complete dir - few files

I haven't noticed any problems in the directory module - hmmm - maybe the problem is not in the directory reading at all but the fact that you are sending a big file - do you get WOULD BLOCK when writing the response to the socket? I know there was a problem in one of the versions of the server when this happened but it should be fixed now.

Does this makes sense in your case?