Re: OS/2 port for w3c library and samples ?

Stephen Summerfield writes:

> I just downloaded the source for the w3c library, comline, linemode,
> etc with the intention of porting to OS/2.
> After a couple of hours I was able to get the library and comline to
> compile and comline linked and worked ok, eventually - I initially
> used it to access a local file which yielded a 'stack overflow'. This
> I later learned is a bug in the w3c library, having been mentioned in
> another post to this list. Requests to my local HTTPD and FTPD seemed
> to work fine.

Great!

> I then tried to get linemode to work. It compiled and linked ok but I
> am currently unable to get it do anything useful.

Hmmm, I have no experience with OS/2 but would be happy to incorporate any
patches so that we can make it run.

> Before I dive into the source/debugger has anyone else ported the
> library and sample programs  to OS/2 (and got them working) ?

I am not aware of any recent port but surely others on the list must have some
experience?

> Incidently I am using the Watcom v10.0a compiler and IBM's TCP/IP
> (IAK) (with the headers from IBM's TCP/IP developers kit) running on
> OS/2 Warp.
>
> Also are there any plans to add OS/2 to the list of supported
> platforms ?

We try to keep the code base as platform independent as possible but can not
support all platforms on our own. That is why we need your help as well :-) So
the general rule is that if you have made a port to your favorite platform
then mail the patches to the list and we can incorporate them into the code
base.

Thanks and good luck!