Re: about SGML parser

From: Rainer Klute <klute@nads.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 16:55:04 +0100
To: Jiang Tao <jiangt@ceci.mit.edu>
Cc: W3C Lib <www-lib@w3.org>, "Rainer Klute" <klute@nads.de>
>I know that there are several SGML parser frees on
>the internet such as SP, YSP etc, why don't we
>integrate one of them into W3C Lib so that W3C
>Lib will support SGML and we don't worry about
>the parser whenever  a new version of HTML appear.

We are doing just that. However, due to the nature of SP's input
model (it is a requesting stream, not a driven one) we have to rape
the stream concept a bit in our first approach. The HTML input is
completely dumped into a file. :-( SP will read from this file,
parse it and push the tokens further down the stream stack.

Best regards
Rainer Klute

  Dipl.-Inform. Rainer Klute        NADS - Advertising on nets
  NADS GmbH
  Emil-Figge-Str. 80                Tel.: +49 231 9742570
D-44227 Dortmund                    Fax:  +49 231 9742573

            <http://www.nads.de/~klute/>