libwww/PMCApp libs on Macs

From: Laurens Dorsey <lmd@tiac.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 13:02:18 -0400
To: www-lib@w3.org, www-lib-bugs@w3.org
Bugs or no?  (Given the amount of manual tweeking necessary to get the new
libwww merely to compile on a MW/GUSI-fied mac, I'm not sure I can say.)

1. For libwww,  adding the following to sysdep.h (in the MWERKS section)
helps a lot (any other suggestions welcome, since mac config/patching is
apparently not scripted...):
#define HAVE_STRCHR   /* lmd960627*/
#define HAVE_MEMCPY
#define STDC_HEADERS
#define HAVE_MKTIME
#define HAVE_STRFTIME

2.Has anyone successfully compiled the CSApp lib on a mac? Immediate
problem is that the compiler chokes on the forward declarations

e.g. CSUser.c
PRIVATE TargetObject_t User_targetObject;
PRIVATE TargetObject_t User_targetObject = {"User", &User_open,
&User_close, &User_destroy, User_stateTokens, raysize(User_stateTokens),
CSUserTC_USER};

(etc.)

Would love feedback on this since this version of linemode browser seems to
require CSApp.

Cheers.
Laurens

                        Boston, Massachusetts