Re: strange multi-threaded problem on NT

From: Varma Kunaparaju <varma@aic.lockheed.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 14:46:18 -0700
To: paul-law@ix.netcom.com
Cc: www-lib@w3.org

>preemptive, more than one requests are active at once. More than half
>of the requests will fail with a HTERR_SYSTEM error (error message:
>connect: Unix errno=0 dec, winsock err=0) in the error list.
>I can't figure out why some requests worked and some didn't. The
>requests that fails appear to be random.

I think I ran into this recently on Windows NT 3.51.
I did'nt remember though whether the error is HTERR_SYSTEM or not.
This happened to me when I continuosly uploading documents.
I obeserved that in HTNet.c, I am encountering a situation where
  HTList_count(HTNetActive) > HTMaxActive
and since I don't have a callbak function associated with the anchor,
the requests are not getting serviced.

To avoid this, I used HTNetDelete to delete the request after it fetched the
document.

Hope this helps
varma