Re: [Request] Memory functions

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 1996 12:44:30 -0400
To: sacha@clip.dia.fi.upm.es (Sacha)
Cc: www-lib@w3.org
Sacha writes:

> Wow! I like your pre-emptive development strategy! But you only seem to mention
> freer functions... can I register my own allocators too? From what you wrote
> this is what I gather but I'm not 100% sure....

You can add your own allocation functions but for the sake of speed we made them macros, so you will have to recompile the whole library.

> Can I get this code (I think I'm am member, or rather the place I work is a
> mamber) when it ships? Or sooner?

All W3C members have access to the code (of course!) at all times - even our latest (unstable) version. The member area which already have a first version of the new library is at

	http://www.w3.org/member/WWW/Library/

and the developer area is available from

	http://www.w3.org/devel/WWW/Library/

The developer area has the very latest version. The developer's area is accessible to W3C members and a small set of hard working alpha testers.

If your affiliation is a W3C member then you should have access to the pages above. You can find the list of members at

	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Consortium/Member/List.html

If you have problems accessing the pages then send a page to webmaster@w3.org explaining your problem.

Thanks,