Re: saving a URL

From: Gecse Roland <groland@balu.sch.bme.hu>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 08:40:58 +0200 (MET DST)
To: James Gallagher <jimg@dcz.cvo.oneworld.com>
Cc: www-lib@w3.org
Hi!

On Mon, 20 May 1996, James Gallagher wrote:

Sacha wrote:
>   /* before I added this next line it wouldn't write */
>   HTRequest_setOutputFormat(request, WWW_SOURCE);

Of course it wouldn't write, because you have to set the output format
according to the libwww interface you'll use.
The stream stack will be initialized using that format type as its tail,
and then it tries to figure out the appropriate converters.
The WWW_SOURCE uses an unstructured stream, so the converters you've
initialized are enough to do the work. But when you would choose
WWW_PRESENT which belongs to the HText structured stream, you'd have to
make the HText_* functions!

I hope I was right -- Henrik?,

Roland.