Re: [Request] Blackhole, HTFWriter, etc.

From: Sacha <sacha@clip.dia.fi.upm.es>
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 12:19:19 +0200
To: frystyk@w3.org
Cc: www-lib@w3.org
> Sacha writes:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can the different stream types in HTFWrite.c be split into
> > separate files at some point, please? Unless of course there
> > is a good (non-historical) reason for their being all bundled
> > into one file...
> >
> > Not a criticism, just a request.
>
> In the next version, the black hole stream and the error stream is part of
> the HTStream module and so the HTFWrite module only contains file writer
> streams. Is that what you had in mind?

Why not have HTBlackHole.c/h and HTErrorStream.c/h ? I just thought that if
you ever write more utility streams and keep putting them in one file it would
get confusing.

Maybe I'm just too used C++ where I tend to keep all the different classes in
different files... *sigh* you know what they say about old dogs and new
tricks (though I'm not an old dog and I suspect that putting everything in
one file is not exactly a new trick!)

Cheers,

Sacha.