Re: Realm Authenticated Proxies

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 15:44:56 -0400
To: jjames@firstfloor.com
Cc: www-lib@w3.org
John W. James writes:
> We appear to be running into problems when an URL is authenticated at
> both the proxy and at the remote site. Is wwwlib supposed to be handling
> this scenario?

No, proxy authentication is unfortunately not yet part of the HTTP client
module which is the reason for the problems. As Access authentication is now
handled through a callback into the application it should be possible to
implement it without changinf the HTTP module. What is needed is to add the
functionality in the MIME parser.