Streaming a requested document to a memory buffer

From: Matthias Dalheimer <mda@stardiv.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 95 19:35:47 MET
To: www-lib@w3.org
Hello,

I would like to receive the requested data in a memory buffer that the application
provides in order to roll my own processing of the data. Is there any way to
accomplish this? I have looked through all the header files and a lot of the sources,
but couldn't find anything. The LineModeBrowser doesn't seem to have this feature
either. Is this not possible (or against the spirit of the library) or have I simply
overlooked something. My idea was that there is something like an HTMemoryStream
or such. Of course, I could use one of streams that write to a file and read the file
back into memory, but that seems very clumsy to me.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or pointers to the documentation.

TIA, Kalle Dalheimer

--
Matthias Kalle Dalheimer
Software Engineer