Re: Help: MiniServ V. 4.0pre7

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 1995 13:46:59 -0500
To: Vu Nguyen <vu@isdnsys.com>
Cc: "'www-lib@w3.org'" <www-lib@w3.org>
> I'm having problem running the MiniServ.  The code compiled fined; however, when I tried an
> "http://xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/overview.html", it does not do any thing (:
>
> BTW, the platform is i86pc-sol2, compiled using gcc v. 2.6.0

The purpose of "releasing" the code was to give another example on how to use
the Library. We _are_ planning on making a small "real" server out of it but
need a few more days in order to do so :-) The also enw command line tool _is_
functional and you can use it pretty much as the command line version of the
Line Mode Browser. You can find more information about this from

	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/ComLine/

This is also the reason whyc you can find the following note on the server
home page:

	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/MiniServ/

THE SERVER IS NOT FUNCTIONAL BUT WE ARE PLANNING ON A SMALL RELEASE BEFORE THE
WWW 4 CONFERENCE IN BOSTON