Re: mswin:Unresolveds?

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 19:19:08 -0500
To: John Nunneley <nunneley@netcarta.com>
Cc: wwwLib <www-lib@w3.org>

> I'm new to the wwwlib and am hoping to use it to develop some interesting
> applications.  I'm doing my primary development on NT but will also be using
> various Unix platforms.  I've been trying to egrep through the archives for
> help on this problem and, not finding anything, was hoping I could trouble
> the list for some direct advice.  I'm getting the following unresolved
> symbols.  I noticed some references to a "stubs.h" file.  Is it safe to
> simply stub all these symbols out?

The HTAppName and the HTAppVersion are two strings that must be defined in the
application, for example

	const char HTAppName = "MyApp";
	const char HTAppVersion = "1.0";

Unfortunately the modularity of version 3.1 is not completed with respect to
the HTML parser mechanism consisting of the stream pipe:

	SGML -> HTML -> HText

It is therefore required to provide dummy stubs for the HText functions which
are declared in HText.h. They can just be dummy functions like

	HText_appendText(...) { }

This is solved in the next version where the core parts of the Library does
not any longer depend on converters or protocol modules. This means that it
will become a lot easier to make a tailored application with only the
converters and protocol you need.

You can have a look at how the HTEventRequestTerminate() is implemented in the
Line Mode Browser.

Gee - this doesn'y look very smart - but I can ensure you all that the next
version will become a lot more handy to handle as an application programmer!