Re: YEP!! It is a bug.

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 18:30:54 -0400
To: rmf@bbn.com
Cc: www-lib@w3.org, rmf@whirlwind.bbn.com

We are both right :-) I have fixed it in the latest alpha version which is in
test right now and which will be given out November 3 (as far as I recall). It
has a lot of new stuff including persistent connections for HTTP and FTP, and
a new request queue - but more about that later :-)

> The following simple and valid HTML causes the line mode browser to
> spit out ARRAY BOUNDS READ violations after printing "HTML: ******
> Maximum nesting of 20 exceded!" (you meant to spell it "exceeded")

I have now placed a patch in

	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Library/User/Features/Bugs.html

Oups - I forgot about the spelling mistake :-(

> So, something about the implementation of the stack I referred to in
> my previous email is broken. Perhaps Henrik will "purify" this or give
> me a call and I will help.

Thanks for the info - I hope the patch makes sense (I had to pick out the
right modifications)