Re: PATCH!!! WHAT PATCH!!

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 1995 22:06:34 -0400
To: Matthew Freedman <mattf@cac.washington.edu>
Cc: "Robert M. Fleischman" <rmf@bbn.com>, www-lib@w3.org
> On Wed, 2 Aug 1995, Robert M. Fleischman wrote:
> > HEY!!!
> >
> > I don't know about these patches... What patches? I have been using
> > Version 3.0. Is there something better (aside from the stuff coming out
> > in a couple of weeks?)
>
> Henrik fixed the crash-on-redirect-in-source-mode bug because I was
> bugging him incessantly about it (it was causing major problems for me),
> and he sent me the patch for libwww 3.0. I believe he also put the fix
> into version 3.1, which is supposed to go public on August 14. I assume he
> didn't bother sending the patch out to the list as a whole, or putting it
> on the server, because nobody else was complaining, and version 3.0 will
> soon be obsolete anyway.
>
> The moral of the story is, the squeaky wheel gets the patch.

I am sorry about the patch, but I was on my way out of the door for IETF and
then vacation :-) I must also admit that Matt did a good job bugging me ;-)
However, as keep us all awake at night, the 3.1 release is going public August
14. It has a rather new way of handling HTTP (especially requests) as it is
all event driven using streams.

Thanks for your patience!

World-Wide Web Consortium, MIT/LCS