Proxy Caches snd Simple Lib Question

From: Mark S. Friedman <msfriedm@us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 16:13:48 -0700
To: www-lib@www10.w3.org, www-proxy@www10.w3.org
  Does anyone have any hints or general guidelines for writing Proxy
Caches using the WWW library? My immediate problem is that I'm having
trouble figuring out what to override to avoid all of the SGML/HTML
parsing and just getting a handle on the connection (or the raw source
stream). I've looked at the Cern server code but it's difficult to
isolate its functionality from the general server code.

  Thanks in advance.

-Mark