Request Timeouts and filters

It seems that jigsaw 1.0beta-1 doens't pass reply messages through
its filters when its configured as a proxy and its request
times-out.  What I want to do is trigger an event when a request
timeout occurs in the proxy and still pass the timeout error to
the client.  Right now, the proxy only sends the request through
my filter (propRequestFilter) and not the error reply.

Aside from hacking the w3c.jigsaw.http.Client code, how do
I get the proxy to pass the timeout error through my filter?

I see the w3c.jigsaw.filters.ErrorFilter, but am not quite sure
how to configure my jigsaw proxy to use it .....  since I can't
load the Admin page from my proxy (it won't act as a server AND
a proxy at the same time), how do I set resource filters???

Thanks.

--Jacob W. Anderson (jwanders@bbn.com)