Re: Jigsaw Filters

> Hi!
>
> I'm using Jigsaw 1.0 beta to do some testing and I would like
> to make Jigsaw work like a proxy and insert filters which
> intercept incoming requests and their replies, like so:
>
> Client ---(GET)-----> Jigsaw ---(GET')---> OriginServer
>                        | /|\
>                       \|/ |
>                     My REQUEST Filter
>

> Client <--(REPLY')--- Jigsaw <---(REPLY)-- OriginServer
>                       /|\ |
>                        | \|/
>                     My REPLY Filter
>
> I see how to setup my own error filter for intercepting the replies,
> similar to the ErrorFilter which comes with the source distribution.
> How would I go about inserting a filter which gets instantiated
> when a GET request is received?  What format would such a filter
> follow, i.e. what class would I be specializing?  Maybe what I'm
> looking for isn't a filter, but something else??
>
> Thanks!

 Ok, what you need is a client side filter.
 The class you have to specialize is w3c.www.protocol.http.PropRequestFilter
 which implements the RequestFilter interface.

 the folowings methods are use to intercept request and reply:

  *) public Reply ingoingFilter(Request request)

  use to intercept the request :

> Client ---(GET)-----> Jigsaw ---(GET')---> OriginServer
>                        | /|\
>                       \|/ |
>                     My REQUEST Filter

  *) public Reply outgoingFilter(Request request, Reply reply)

> Client <--(REPLY')--- Jigsaw <---(REPLY)-- OriginServer
>                       /|\ |
>                        | \|/
>                     My REPLY Filter

 To use your new filter you have to modify the property file
 "http-server.props".

 change the line :
 w3c.www.protocol.http.filters=w3c.www.protocol.http.cache.CacheFilter

 by

 w3c.www.protocol.http.filters=w3c.www.protocol.http.cache.CacheFilter\
       | yourfilterclassname

World Wide Web Consortium                       bmahe@sophia.inria.fr
Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team               tel : 04 93 65 79 89