Re: PUT in 1.0b doesn't work correctly for new files.

> In 1.0b PUT does not work correctly using NS 4.0x (at least)
> for _new_ files (it works fine for files that have already been
> stored on the server).
>
> Instead, an empty file is created on the server. I am guessing that
> since the new resource hasn't been made PUTABLE this is the
> reason the file is empty.  As soon as I change the empty resource
> to putable I can publish updates to it fine.
>
> I'd also guess that if the directory is PUTABLE that all new files
> put to it should automatically be made PUTABLE...
>
> Paul.

 this is normal, you should create (or configure) the indexer.
 the indexer should be configured to create a resource that handles the
 PUT method, otherwise, the resource will be effectively created, but it will
 fail to save the put'ed content (the FileResource, for example, should have
 its putable attribute turned to true).

--
Benoît Mahé,  World Wide Web Consortium
Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team