Re: JigAdm doesn't start with w3c.jigsaw.Main

Anselm Baird_Smith wrote:

> Paul Pazandak writes:
>  > Sorry if I missed a previous post on this subject...
>  >
>  > I have started w3c.Jigsaw.Main (1.0beta), but in conflict with the
>  > documentation
>  > the JigAdm server does not start.  Did I miss something in the
>  > documentation?
>
> May I ask several questions ?
> a) Did you try to upgrade from an existing 1.0alpha5  config

I replaced a previous installation. Deleting directories & replacing
them.

> b) Do you have something running on port 8009 (default port for the
>    admin server)

No, nothing I am aware of.

> c) Could you dump exactly what you get on the screen when you run it ?

D:\Jigsaw\classes>java w3c.jigsaw.Main -root d:\Jigsaw\Jigsawloading
properties from: d:\Jigsaw\Jigsaw\config\server.props
Jigsaw[1.0beta]: serving at http://fido.objs.com:8001/
*** Warning : no logger specified, not logging.

I discovered the apparent problem after thinking about what I didn't
replace -- since you had asked if I had upgraded.  I kept my folders
in www, and I didn't remove the log, errlog, or traces files.  When
I removed (renamed) the errlog file (fyi, it was 885k),
** JigAdm started up just fine **.

Paul.

> Thanks a lot,
> Anselm.

Paul Pazandak                                      pazandak@objs.com
Object Services and Consulting, Inc.             http://www.objs.com
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55420-5409                       612-881-6498