Errata (Re: Jigsaw, VirtualHost and Browsers...)

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Neil D. Quiogue wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, [iso-8859-1] Raphaël MARTIN wrote:
>
> > Once again, I write an E-Mail to talk about VirtualHost...  Firstly I
> > want to precise that VH are really a very useful resource... No really
> > very good...
> >
> > But I think this concept is supported by a few Browser...
>
> Huh?  Virtual host has nothing to do with the client side.  The client
> doesn't resolve those multiple domains.  The http server should be the one
> to resolve these virtual hosts.  Or maybe the virtual hosts you're talking
> about is different from mine.

Dumb, dumb ..... I seem to be sleeping during this reply.  I'm sorry.
Currently, HTTP/1.1 (specifically the virtualhost support of the protocol)
isn't supported by older browsers.  Just check the browser documentation
on its support.  Non resolution of these virtual hosts would send you to
the main server's pages.

I'll comment later when I clear my head.  My apologies.

[---]
Neil D. Quiogue
IPhil Communications Network, Inc.
e-mail: neil@iphil.net