Jigsaw, VirtualHost and Browsers...

Hi,

Once again, I write an E-Mail to talk about VirtualHost...
Firstly I want to precise that VH are really a very useful resource... No really very good...

But I think this concept is supported by a few Browser...

I have designed my configuration to serve two sites on the same IP Address, using of course a VH resource
But, testing my site with several browser, I find a lot of problem...

With Netscape 3, y Amaya, it works fine...
But with Lynx, IE, Mosaic 3.0, it does not work correctly...
With those three browsers :
	The reply emitted by jigsaw is always the same :
	if I request either http://site1/ or http://site2/, the reply sent is equivalent to the reply generated when I request
	http://myIPaddr/

Therefore, it seems to me that VH resource does not work with those browsers... But where does it come from ???... I emit two hypothesis:
- VH are out of the protocol supported by those browser...
- those browser use an internal mechanism to change the domain(site) name with the IP Adress...

So, if you have concluant test with those browser and VH, I think there something I am really missing with VH...

Normally in few days, I will rebuilt entirely my site on another machine... So, all the corrupted store files will disappear... I hope that VH probelm will also do the same...

But, I am not sure that will be sufficient...

Hasta luego

RAF