Jigsaw - out of the box.

Can jigsaw run straight out of the box? I mean, if I change the root (w/
-root cmd line option), it expects the properties files as well as other
files in config/stores directory. Is there a way Jigsaw can run without
help/support from these files.

Another question in this regard is, Is there a way I can translate the
information in these files (especially in config/stores directory. say
root.idx, st-x, etc), so that I can store the retrieved data in another
form of storage - say a jdbmResource or and oodb?

Thanks in advance

--
Padmakar (Paddy) Vishnubhatt
mailto:padmakar@eng.sun.com