Re: Jigsaw's cache mecanism

On Tue, 8 Jul 1997, Anselm Baird_Smith wrote:

> Julianne Freire de Sousa Pepeu writes:
>  > Hi, Anselm.
>  >
>  > I've written a client side ProcessFilter. But, when I declare in the
>  > property the 2 filters (CacheFilter and ProcessFilter), the CacheFilter's
>  > outgoingFilter method is never invoked!
>
> No ideas out of the head; Make sure both of them are well registered
> (I guess you did). Depending on wether you want the cache to cache the
> processed version, check the order in which you have declared them.

I think that's right, see:

w3c.www.protocol.http.filters=w3c.www.protocol.http.cache.CacheFilter|w3c.www.protocol.http.process.ProcessFilter

> Normally if the ingoing has been called, either the outgoing ot the
> exception emthods *have* to be called (otherwise it's a bug)

I'm sure that the ingoing has been called and the outgoing hasn't.

The ProcessFilter works well alone. The CacheFilter works well alone, too.
When I register both at the same time, it doesn't work (the outgoing
isn't called). As they are independent I think that the ProcessFilter
can't interfere on the CacheFilter. So why don't they work together?

Julianne.

> Anselm

Julianne Freire Pepeu    Departamento de Informatica, UFPE
jfsp@di.ufpe.br          http://www.di.ufpe.br/~jfsp