ResourceStoreManager question

Hi,

I'm working with Dave Makower on the MetaMagic project. We were recently
reviewing ways to optimize our code, and one possibility that came up was
using the jdbmResourceStore object to handle persistence instead of
SimpleResourceStore.

After looking around in the Jigsaw source, we noticed that the
ResourceStoreManager has a getStore() method that returns a ResourceStore.
Inside that method, a call to 'new SimpleResourceStore()' is issued if
manager hasn't yet created a ResourceStore. My questions are as follows:

1. Would changing the call from 'new SimpleResourceStore()' to 'new
jdbmResourceStore()' be all that is required to have the jdbmResourceStore
handle persistence?

2. If so, I'd prefer to subclass ResourceStoreManager to do this rather
than editing the Jigsaw source and having a version that will be
out-of-sync with the official version of Jigsaw. If I write my own
ResourceStoreManager, is there a way to install my own subclassed
ResourceStoreManager to be used by the server? (I notice a
getResourceStoreManager() method on the httpd object, but no
setResourceStoreManager().)

3. If the answer to question 1 is no, what would be required in using the
jdbmResourceStore for persistence?

Since I don't know very much about how Jigsaw handles persistence, I'm not
sure if I'm asking the question correctly. Please let me know if I should
clarify anything.

Thanks,

The six-legged fire-breathing dog.                emaloney@pencom.com