persistent connections

Hi!

I have implemented a simple myHttpURLConnection similar to HttpURLConnection
from the source code. It tries to make connection with another httpd server.
The core of it , it is:
________________________________
socket=new Socket(inetaddr,port);
output= new BufferedOutputStream(socket.getOutputStream());
input=new BufferedInputStream(socket.getInputStream());
request.emit(output);
reply=(Reply)parser.parse();
_______________________________

Everything goes fine I have received the reply.
I didn't close the connection. But the remote server got an exception:

w3c.www.http.HttpParserException: End Of File
	at w3c.www.http.HttpRequestMessage.notifyBeginParsing(HttpRequestMessage.java)
	at w3c.www.mime.MimeParser.parse(MimeParser.java:179)
	at w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.getNextRequest(Client.java:246)
	at w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.startConnection(Client.java:442)
	at w3c.jigsaw.http.socket.SocketClient.run(SocketClient.java:107)
	at w3c.util.CachedThread.run(ThreadCache.java)

I know that HTTP/1.1 tries to make persistent connections. I didn't know what
I have missed from my implementation.
Could somebody help me?

Regards,
Angi Maria