Re: Proxy bug?

In the previous post I said:

  I have been struggling for some time with the proxy setup,
  as it was hanging in a very bad way, repeatedly.  Here is
  the trouble, and it seems to be repeatable:

  [configure the jigsaw as a proxy]

I think I found the cause of the proxy failure:
Apparently the Socket() class in JDK1.1 (and 1.02) is broken
for DEC alphas.... Running on a Solaris2.5, the problems go
away.  (In fact, I have seen this trouble before: on DEC ALPHAs,
sockets sometimes fail to close properly when the corresponding remote
socket is closed)

-Peter