Re: proxy use of jigsaw

Joseph M. Futrelle writes:
 > Another cool thing about Squid is ICP, the internet cache protocol, which
 > allows a proxy server to participate in a hierarchy of proxy servers which
 > can share each other's caches. Jigsaw contains an ICPFilter in
 > w3c.www.protocol.http.icp, but I don't know how to use it :(, is anyone
 > doing this?

Have you tried reading:

http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Jigsaw/User/Reference/w3c.www.protocol.http.icp.ICPFilter.html

If so, and if there is any mean to make it clearer, let me know ;-)

 > This isn't supposed to be an ad! Squid is freeware under the GPL. Oh yeah,
 > it's UNIX-only.

Ad: once you understand the ICP filter, make sure to check the mICP
filter, and then the ProxyDispatcher (redirect ad.doubleclik.net to
the Powered by Jigsaw icon, pretty nifty)

Anselm