proxy use of jigsaw

Javier Arellano writes:

 > I'm attempting to "monitor" browser interaction by having
 > one's browser set to a proxy web server (jigsaw) and setting up a
 > filter on this server to "track" requests/replies
 >
 > Now, my question is: given that I utilizing jigsaw as a proxy server,
 > if one requests a page (i.e., URL) that has been previously visited by the
 > browser in the same session, will jigsaw "see" this request even though it
 > may be cached in the proxied browser...the key point is that the browser
 > is proxied to jigsaw, i.e., does it make a difference if it is proxied or
 > not.

That's a neat idea. In fact I would really like to have a filter that
would keep track of *everything* I have visited (very usefull, you
often loose track of what you've been up to these days ;-). That
filter should emit all the visited urls (and time) into some HTML file
which would be serve by the proxy (typically one file per day, zip
them every week, keep N weeks of log, etc).
A friend of mine have written that stuff in C (works by checking the X
properties of Netscape - only under UNIX). It would be much more nice
to have a personnal proxy, etc

Anyway back to the question: this depends on the ordering of the
filter decl;aration in the relevant property
(w3c.www.protocol.http.filters), so if you say:

w3c.www.protocol.http.filters=cache|log

then log might not get called (if request is fullfilled by the cache),
however:

w3c.www.protocol.http.filters=log|cache

Things will work great :-)

Anselm.
btw let me know if you write that and if you're willing to share the
code.