proxy use of jigsaw

I'm attempting to "monitor" browser interaction by having
one's browser set to a proxy web server (jigsaw) and setting up a
filter on this server to "track" requests/replies

Now, my question is: given that I utilizing jigsaw as a proxy server,
if one requests a page (i.e., URL) that has been previously visited by the
browser in the same session, will jigsaw "see" this request even though it
may be cached in the proxied browser...the key point is that the browser
is proxied to jigsaw, i.e., does it make a difference if it is proxied or
not.

This may actually be a general question about utilizing proxy servers...
pardon my ignorance.

Thanks in advance.