Re: w3c.www.protocol.http.Request

> Maria ANGI writes:
>  > Hi!
>  >
>  > I have subclassed the HttpManager class.
>  > Now I have problems with the w3c.www.protocol.http.Request and Reply classes.
>  > It would be fine if they could have at least a protected constructor.
>  >

> I was rethinking about your query. I would be really interested to
> know (if possible) what kind of extensions you are writting, in
> particular couldn't that be done with filters ?
>
> Anselm.

What I am doing is implementing a caching hierarchy. It is not based on the
ICP protocol.
So for example, I need to send a "HEAD" request to query the upper cache
for some informations and depending on these informations to send "GET" request.
I've wanted to use the HttpServer.runRequest(Request) method more times.

If I would implement this through a filter it would be more complecated
and again I would need to instantiate a Request object(which is impossible
now because it hasn't accessable constructor). Of course I could make
my own "myRequest" class with the same implementation like Request and
using it to emit requests. But it's not fine.

Angi Maria